LID area and impervious runoff calculations

Hi users,

Just a query regarding LID's in SWMM. Let's say that impervious sub-catchmant A has a total area of 100 m2. 

Let's say that I deploy a LID into sub-catchment A (a rain barrel) and set its surface area as 10 m2 (thus it occupies 10% of sub-catchment in A).

In doing this, does SWMM therefore calculate the runoff from sub-catchment A using an 'adjusted' area of 90 m2?

Cheers,

Matt.

100SM.inp

You need to be a member of SWMM 5 or SWMM or EPASWMM and SWMM5 in ICM_SWMM to add comments!

Join SWMM 5 or SWMM or EPASWMM and SWMM5 in ICM_SWMM

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, it adjusts the non lid area,  i am attaching an example model with two subs to illustrate this.  The loading to the lid is the runoff from the 90 square meters + the rainfall over the LID.  You can most easily see this by making the lid cover all 100 square meters.

3293159347?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Hi there Robert,

Thanks very much for your quick reply. OK - just another query on this. Back to my example. Let's say my 100 m2 sub-catchment (before LID) is 100% impervious. I deploy the 10 m2 LID. I select that 50% of the impervious area drains to the LID. SWMM will calculate that runoff from 45 m2 flows into the LID? 

• The total load to the lid will be the runoff from the 45 square meters + the rainfall. 

3293158010?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Thanks a lot Robert.

Hey - I've got another query if you don't mind. 

I've just stumbled across a strange SWMM error - for all my links, I cannot seem to view any output. I get an error "no objects to display" even though I know there is data there. Any advice? Cheers.

• Hello Matt,

Under Options/Report what do you have for link reporting? do you have all links checked?

3293159696?profile=original

This reply was deleted.